Saturday, March 26, 2011

What are my qualifications?

I think a better question would be, "How am I any less qualified than the two incumbents?" As with any new position, there is a learning curve. I am not pretending to be the most knowledgeable person for the board. However, I promise that I can and will invest the time and effort that this position requires. From meetings to reading district materials or listening to public comment, I will be a dedicated and fair trustee.

Although the most important initials after my name are M.O.M., I also have a degree in Communications and Political Science. I understand the importance of communication, especially listening to my constituents and affording (in this case) parents a place at the table of their child's education. I will listen to parents and take suggestions to the board. My goal is to be the parent's voice. It makes sense to me to invest my time into such an honorable public office and I hope you will support me in this effort.

I am in the business of kids! I now have the opportunity to stay at home with my young children before they go to school. My oldest son will be entering kindergarten next year and that gives me a decided interest in the school system. I love children and as cliche as it sounds, they definitely are our future. One of the benefits of being a stay-at-home mom is that it provides me with flexibility and time, both of which I can devote to the School Board. I look forward to this.

3 comments:

  1. You are a mom that I trust, and I know you will be a great listener and fight for what is best for the children here in Helena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely a voice of reason Brittany. I am happy to help any way I can. We need some down to earth, common sense voting. As a teacher and a mother also, I am glad to see someone with high morals and a determination to do right by our children in you. Thank you for running, and you have our votes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Standing up for what is right and having integrity for our children that do not always have a voice is what makes you a fair and balanced candidate. Thank goodness there are people still in the world who have the fight for a great cause still in them.

    ReplyDelete