As most of the Helena community is aware, the summer of 2010 brought with it controversy over the newly developed Health Curriculum. I, along with many other parents and community members, were concerned with several parts of the Health Curriculum as well as the process by which it was created and revised. My main concern (which still stands) is the lack of meaningful parental involvement. Parents were not involved in with the development nor with revision process. When it passed, despite the enormous amount of opponents, I knew it was time to get more involved.
I am a parent without fancy initials behind my name, but I figure the majority of parents are just that. I would like to be the parents voice for the Helena Community and I would love your support. I am going up against two incumbants, Aidan Myhre and Cherche Prezeau, both who voted FOR the new Heath Curriculum. Please put a parent on the board without an agenda!
No comments:
Post a Comment